Sunday, July 19, 2009

Recycle your water filters

I was installing a Brita filter in our water filter the other day (it was waaay overdue, but those things can be so expensive!) and the beau asked what to with the old one. I said, I guess just throw it away. But he had a brilliant idea that showed my prowess has been rubbing off on him: why not recycle it?

So I did a little research and found this. So there are locations you can drop them off it to recycle, mostly the drop-off centers are located in Whole Foods stores. And there are none near me and if there are none near you, then this is what you can do: mail it off to a recycle center! So that's what I'm going to do, it'll probably cost me about a dollar or so to mail, but I think it's way worth it so it can be properly recycled! Don't you?

~Am~
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin