Saturday, August 2, 2008

My good & green deed...

(view from our deck)

I have just returned from a brilliant trip to Cape San Blas....the forgotten coast of Florida. And when they say forgotten, they mean forgotten...and it's unfortunate more land isn't "forgotten" in the United States, cause this place was beautiful and at its natural best.

Being there on this forgotten coast away from any tourists traps and giant hotels swallowing this beautiful beach and its dunes...made me really appreciate the earth's beauty all over again. yes that sounds ultra corny...but it was just so beautiful there. and to think that we are constantly building more & building bigger...i pray that this coast will remain forgotten as well as the rest of America's "forgotten" areas.
Mitchell and I did a good deed while there, that took little effort but felt wonderful to do. We decided to go on a long walk picking up any trash we saw. We ended up filling an entire trash can bag to the top...and hopefully saving some little fishies and turtles, as well as helping to keep this beach clean ;) Now Cape San Blas, I would consider to be a very clean beach, so I can't began to imagine the trash one could find and a more populated beach.
so next time you're at the beach, take a trash can bag, fill it with the nasties on zee beach, and enjoy a nice walk on clean sand, and think of the little turtle you may have just saved :)
seriously, if all visitors did this on their vacation trip at least once in a week, I think it would show for we obviously can't pick up after ourselves as a whole.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer, and if you are thinking of your next trip to the beach, you may want to think about Cape San Blas. I give it a thumbs up. :)
-Lu
ps. check out mitchell's sand castle, he was so proud of it!

-Mitchell's 1st Sand Castle, Cape San Blas July 2008

pps. mitchell is 25 .

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Lu, you make me so proud! On behalf of the fishies, turtles and birdies, THANK YOU for this "random act of kindness". I am just so happy you are having such a good influence on Mitch. Glad you had a great time and looking forward to seeing pics and hearing ALL about it! xx

woof nanny said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. I love the idea of something in a natural state versus (what I like to call) 'coiffed'.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin